Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Explaining the Global Financial Crisis


Tomorrow, Wednesday, October 1, 2008, DU professors will be speaking about the current global financial crisis. This is an amazing opportunity for students to learn more about the bailout and how it affects us. Many students have taken out loans to pay for education, but given the crisis of certain banks not granting loans to businesses or individuals, how will student loans be affected?

Fortunately, I haven't had to take a loan to pay for school but I'm curious to find out from those of you with loans or needing future loans as to how this will affect your situation. Will you be able to get loans for next year? Will the interest increase dramatically? What do you think?


The event will be tomorrow from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Springer Suite. Free cookies and coffee will be available.


This photo came from an email sent by Kathleen Houlihan, Director, Center for Global Peace through Commerce

1 comment:

Charlotte Mutesha said...

Must be nice to not have to take out loans! I am wonderfully in thousands of dollars worth of student loan debt thanks to high college costs, but thankfully this is my last year so I won't really have to worry about student loans for the future. Unless I go to grad school, which I probably will. We'll see.