Sunday, October 5, 2008

homecoming dance

Last night Natalie and I went to the homecoming dance to interview people and their reactions. To my surprise, the dance was not as bad I thought it was going to be. When we first arrived, there were five people there and two of them were with the newspaper. The dance was empty until about 11:00 p.m. After that, several Dominican students were out on the dance floor. The DJ played many songs from 50 Cent, Rihanna, and my all time favorite, Justin Timberlake. Although my first impression of the dance was going to be negative, it was not at all!

4 comments:

Diana Kobylarczyk said...

I went to a few school dances in my freshman year, and the number of people was similar to how you described it. There weren't many people early on - it took until later in the evening for more people to stop by. I did have a good time regardless, but nothing really sold me on going to another dance. It's worth it if you're going with friends and if the music is good...

Amy Kenat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Kenat said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the dance, Maryann!

I know the CAB homecoming committee worked really hard to put it together. I was there at 10 a.m. that morning setting up. But yes, it's definately hard to make the homecoming dance appeal to a lot of students because it has that "high school" image.

Still, it was nice to see you there. Hope you got a lot of good audio.

Tracy Samantha Schmidt said...

Maryann--you ought to tell us more of your impressions!